Skiing holidays are one of the most popular types of activity holiday for UK travellers. A luxury ski holiday is something that everyone must do at least once in their lives. The great thing about the resorts we look at today is that all of them cater for families and individuals. Skiing is a great idea for a family holiday, and luxury ski destinations have the best and well-rounded services that will make you feel like a king or queen. From hot tubs to gourmet (and very delicious) meals to your own mini hotel accommodation – you can find it all at these amazing ski destinations.
1. Ski Hiver Chalets in France
The Ski Hiver chalets offer self-catering options as well as a catered option. The chalets are run by a family who has been in business for more than 20 years and offers the best and affordable ski holidays in France. It is truly the best luxury ski chalet in France and it is great for the whole family. You will enjoy delicious food, fantastic ski adventures, and beautiful sights.
2. Chalet Bighorn in Canada
Bighorn has received the award for ‘World’s Best Ski Chalet’ for 3 years running. It offers a unique experience for the whole family. It is located at the base of Revelstoke Mountain Resort and offers some truly amazing services and adventures. They offer bespoke heliskiing which is a new ski concept that is unique to Bighorn. You can choose to fly in a helicopter or you can ride the lift to get to the tallest ski hill in North America. When you get back from your adventure, you are treated with delicious food cooked by an award-winning chef in the luxury and warmth of this beautiful chalet.
3. Hahnenkamm Lodge in Austria
If you are looking for a recharge holiday or a romantic getaway, Hahnenkamm Lodge in Kitzbühel is the place to go. This luxury ski destination has some of the most exclusive private chalets in the Alps. This lodge is located near the best ski area in the world and will offer a lot of adventure and unique ski experiences. You will experience first-class service with the best chefs in the world as well as luxurious and comfortable accommodations. You will be inspired, recharged, and content after a holiday at the Hahnenkamm.
4. No. 14 Verbier in Switzerland
No.14 Verbier is known across the world as the ultimate luxury ski destination. This specific accommodation is actually a refurbished hotel with 13 en-suite rooms. It is the perfect accommodation for special events like anniversaries and birthdays where the whole family is invited. There are so many great services available including an indoor swimming pool, a spa with a Jacuzzi, cold plunge, and treatment rooms with massage therapist included. You will also find 2 cedar hot tubs, a home cinema complete with gaming consoles, WiFi, Sky TV, and a complimentary bar with all kinds of goodies. To make it even better, your meals will be cooked by Michelin star chefs. We cannot imagine anything more amazing than a week or two at No.14 Verbier.
A ski holiday is a must for everyone. If you have a big event coming up or just need some fresh air and a break, consider booking a ski holiday with one of these amazing destinations. You will return home a different person.
5 Reasons Why You Must Book a Luxury Ski Holiday for Your Family
Tired of the same old family holiday destinations? Kids complaining about never doing something new? If this sounds familiar then a luxury ski holiday is just the thing for your next family holiday.
A skiing holiday doesn’t have to be in the Alps, extremely expensive, or difficult to plan. There are so many resorts across the world that offer luxury packages that are affordable, you are sure to find one that suits the pocket. You can choose from No. 14 Verbier in Switzerland, Ski Hiver in France, Bighorn in Canada, and even a few destinations in places like Aspen, Colorado, and Chicago. Not convinced yet? Have a look at these great reasons for booking a luxury ski holiday.
- You get to learn new skills. Learning to ski and navigate the slopes is a great experience. If you already know how to ski, you will know that even the most experienced skiers often learn new things and can have new ski experiences as well. If you are a beginner and have never skied before, we suggest you take a few lessons first. Skiing is lots of fun but without a few pointers, you may hurt yourself.
- You can have some family time. If you want to have a proper family reunion or celebrate a birthday or anniversary with the whole bunch, a ski holiday is a great way to go. You get to spend time with family, have great adventures, bond, and relax together. Some ski destinations offer accommodations where the whole family can have a house. You will also be able to choose from catered or self-catering. This may be the best way to get three or four generations together for some valuable and unforgettable family time.
- So many different activities. If you don’t particularly like skiing or have a bit of a clumsy streak, don’t worry. Ski resorts offer so many great activities that you don’t need to strap on skis to have fun. There is dog sledding, zip lining, tubing, ice skating, reading in front of the fire, walks in nature, spa treatments, game rooms, etc. You will never be bored. Let’s face it, you need to spend at least one day just chilling in front of the fire.
- You will live in luxury. Many destinations offer private chalets or even refurbished hotels, like No.14 Verbier in Switzerland. Most resorts offer full services including catering, cleaning, and even nanny services. You will live in luxury and comfort and you won’t have to lift a finger. That is the best way to relax and recharge.
- You get to experience nature. Being outside in the snow and surrounded by mountains and breath-taking views, is one of the best ways to recharge your soul, mind, and body. Experiencing nature and breathing in fresh air is the best medicine to get rid of the work worry and anything else that is not healthy or conducive to your well-being.
You cannot go wrong with a luxury ski holiday. Start researching and planning today to book that amazing and life-changing luxury ski holiday. You and your family will love every moment!